- Qualification Title: National Certificate: Manufacturing, Engineering & Related Activities
- SAQA Qualification ID: 23253
- Minimum Credits: 124
- NQF Level: 1
This qualification specifies the key skills, knowledge and values required to access engineering and manufacturing qualifications in the Further Education and Training Band. It describes the learning outcomes required to participate in workplace-based learning programmes for occupationally focused qualifications in the manufacturing, engineering and assembly sectors.
This qualification is run over 12 months.
- Communication at AET Level 3
- Numeracy at AET Level 3
The qualifying learner will achieve this qualification by complying with the following rules of combination for the accumulation of credits totalling 125:
- Core unit standards totalling 49 credits are compulsory
- Fundamental unit standards totalling 70 credits are compulsory
- Elective unit standards totalling a minimum of 6 credits
- Describe and explain a specific manufacturing, engineering or assembly process, relate the tools and materials to the process and explain the science and technology which underpins the conversion processes.
- Demonstrate in the process of assessment the use of appropriate numeracy and communication skills.
- Describe and explain, in the context of a specific workplace environment, the procedures and policies which govern that specific working environment.
- Describe and explain the purpose of a specific business.
- Describe and explain how the NQF enables the learner to select a learning path and identify the skills and qualifications that will enable him/her to achieve his/her goals and targets.