- Qualification Title: National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail Operations
- SAQA Qualification ID: 58206
- Minimum Credits: 120
- NQF Level: 2
After successful completion of this qualification, learners will be able to:
- Understand the sector in which they work
- Provide customers with a high level of service
- Operate effectively and efficiently in their area of specialisation.
This qualification has been developed to allow people within the industry to advance in an area of specialisation or to move into other areas of specialisation in the sector.
This qualification is run over 12 months.
- Communication competency at Grade 9
- Numeracy competency at Grade 9
The qualifying learner will achieve this qualification by complying with the following rules of combination for the accumulation of credits totalling 120:
- Core unit standards totalling 23 credits are compulsory.
- Fundamental unit standards totaling 36 credits are compulsory.
- Elective unit standards totalling a minimum of 61 credits by:
- Choosing one area of specialisation and complete all the unit standards listed in the specialisation.
- Operate in a wholesale environment
- Choosing additional unit standards from the remainder of the electives to make up a total of 61 credits for the elective component.
- Operate in the wholesale and retail environment.
- Interact with customers.
- Operate in the wholesale environment
- Additional Electives:
Download the Qualification Outline
- Cluster 1 - Wholesale and Retail Business Environment ( 31 credits)
- Cluster 2 - Interact with Customers ( 28 credits)
- Cluster 3 - Working in a Wholesale Environment ( 29 credits)
- Cluster 4 - Customer Orders ( 22 credits)
- Cluster 5 - Numeracy and Business Calculations ( 16 credits)