- Qualification Title: General Education and Training Certificate: Business Practice
- SAQA Qualification ID: 61755
- Minimum Credits: 121
- NQF Level: 1
This qualification is intended for all members of the population, including anyone preparing to become employed, or self-employed, in any business whatsoever would be the persons most likely to be attracted to this qualification. In fact many newly (or not-so-newly) appointed personnel, or struggling entrepreneurs, could benefit from part or all of this qualification. It seeks to embed the six key literacies required by business organisations: Numeracy, Literacy, Entrepreneurial, Financial, Technological and Cognitive.
This qualification is run over 12 months.
- Communication at AET Level 3.
- Mathematical Literacy at AET Level 3.
This qualification is made up of fundamental, core and elective unit standards and a minimum of 121 credits is required to complete the qualification:
- Core unit standards totaling: 20 credits in Economics and Management, 14 credits in Technology, 11 credits in Life Orientation, 6 credits in Human and Social Sciences.
- Fundamental unit standards totaling 42 credits are compulsory.
- Elective unit standards totaling a minimum of 28 credits
- Use fundamental skills in a business environment.
- Make appropriate use of Information and Communications Technology in an office setting.
- Understand and apply entrepreneurial and business knowledge and attitude.
- Incorporate life skills in an employment or self-employment situation.
Download the Qualification Outline
- Cluster 1 - Life Skills ( 20 credits)
- Cluster 2 - Literacy ( 23 credits)
- Cluster 3 - Entrepreneurship ( 24 credits)
- Cluster 4 - Numeracy ( 19 credits)
- Cluster 5 - Business Practice ( 21 credits)
- Cluster 6 - Computer Literacy ( 14 credits)