- Qualification Title: National Certificate: Gaming Operations
- SAQA Qualification ID: 63269
- Minimum Credits: 130
- NQF Level: 3
This qualification will prepare learners for employment in a variety of entry-level positions within the Gaming environment and enable them to be nationally and internationally competitive. Since this will serve as an entry-level qualification in the gaming sector, it opens up career opportunities within the sector.
This qualification is run over 12 months.
- Communication at NQF Level 2 or equivalent.
- Mathematical literacy at NQF Level 2 or equivalent.
This qualification is made up of fundamental, core and elective unit standards and a minimum of 130 credits is required to complete the qualification:
- Core unit standards totalling 52 are compulsory.
- Fundamental unit standards totalling 36 credits are compulsory.
- Elective component: The elective component is grouped into areas of specialisation. Each specialisation
- consists of compulsory and optional unit standards. Learners are required to select a specialisation and:
- Complete all the compulsory unit standards for the specialisation
- Choose additional optional unit standards from those listed for the specialisation to give a minimum of 42 credits for the specialisation.
Fundamental exit level outcomes:
Elective exit level outcomes (depending on the electives chosen):
- Demonstrate an understanding of the gaming environment and the context in which gaming activities take place.
- Meet customer service requirements in interacting with customers.
- Function effectively in the operational environment.
- Operate effectively by performing services in a selected area of specialisation, being one of: Dealing, Cashiering or Slots.
Download the Qualification Outline
- Cluster 1 - Compliance in a Gaming Environment ( 14 credits)
- Cluster 2 - Numeracy ( 11 credits)
- Cluster 3 - Work in a Team ( 16 credits)
- Cluster 4 - Customer Service ( 8 credits)
- Cluster 5 - Communication in a Gaming Environment (Part 1) ( 12 credits)
- Cluster 5 - Communication in a Gaming Environment (Part 2) ( 15 credits)
- Cluster 6 - Occupational Health and Safety ( 16 credits)
- Cluster 7
- Option 1 - Dealing Casino Games ( 39 credits)
- Option 2 - Slots Operations ( 41 credits)
- Option 3 - Casino Cashiering ( 42 credits)