- Qualification Title: National Certificate: Mixed Farming Systems
- SAQA Qualification ID: 48971
- Minimum Credits: 125
- NQF Level: 1
The purpose of this qualification is to allow new entrants access to the Primary Agricultural Sector with specific reference to Mixed Farming Systems.
This qualification is run over 12 months.
- Communication at AET Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at AET Level 3
- Literacy at AET Level 3
This qualification is made up of fundamental, core and elective unit standards and a minimum of 120 credits is required to complete the qualification:
- Core unit standards totalling 64 credits are compulsory.
- Fundamental unit standards totalling 45 credits are compulsory
- Elective unit standards totalling 11 credits are compulsory
- Good Agricultural Practices
- Plant Production
- Animal Production
Download the Qualification Outline
- Cluster 1 - Orientation to the Agriculture Business ( 26 credits)
- Cluster 2 - Apply quality standards and procedures in Agricultural Practices ( 18 credits)
- Cluster 3 - Production process in Agriculture ( 21 credits)
- Cluster 4 - Manage resources and activities for production in Agricultural Environment( 37 credits)